Topic Brainstorm

Hindu Goddess Kali
Image Link

Karma
The word Karma is used very often but after taking Intro to Buddhism I learned that many times how people use it in the west is not how it is meant to be used(at least in Buddhism). I took Buddhism a couple years ago but it would be interesting to compare what I remember from that class to what I could learn about Karma in this class. If there is such a difference in how the word Karma is used, I'd like to tell stories that would explain to others what the variants are. This website gave a pretty good background on Karma.

Environment
I still like the idea of completing a project using the environment as the main focus. It would be cool to apply what I've learned for my major to another class that at first glance I didn't think would have much in common. I still like this storybook done by a student, it's nice to look through and see what could be done with my own stories. I suppose the environment is probably in every story but it would be an interesting task to try to make it the focus instead of just a background character.

Women
So far I have seen a decent number of women in the stories so that made me think to make my project about women. I don't know specifically who yet but when I was searching around I found this site that gave me a base to begin thinking of who I would want to spend more time researching. There also seem to be quite a few past projects over the women in the stories, those would be another good source to help me with my own work. I suppose I'd like to tell stories about how important women are in the outcome of the stories.

Kali
One of my favorite Bollywood movies has a character named Kali and all the other characters make fun of it. When I looked up Kali though, I didn't get the results I was expecting. After reading a bit through the Wikipedia page I found out that Kali is a goddess, not a male warrior like I assumed. Based on the Wikipedia page she seems to be a pretty big deal so I'd like to learn more about her and make stories that help other people learn who she is in an interesting way.
(Note: The name used in the movie was spelled 'Kaali' but I found that out after looking up Kali.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Soon Graduating Mariah

Comment Wall

Week 2 Story: The Sleepy Koala