Time Strategies

(A blank checklist with potential. Image Link)

Since this is my last semester I know pretty well how I like to work and what works for me. I looked through all of the links and I wasn't feeling inspired by most (I read them as slightly condescending and that if I don't follow their instructions I will fail). I did like The Psychology of Checklists because I already use checklists to keep myself organized. I like to have the checklists printed out and physically in my hands. Sometimes I'll have notes on my computer but it's not as satisfying to hit backspace over slashing through a task. I also enjoyed The Important Habit of Just Starting. Even if I need to take breaks while working at least I've gotten as far as writing my name on the paper.

For this semester I will need to balance my time between working, working out, going to class, completing assignments, and preparing for life after graduation. At first it sounds like a lot but I've already started so it should be manageable.

Comments

  1. Hi Mariah,

    I also enjoy the physical act of check marking off an item on a to-do list opposed to an online one. That is why I find it difficult to use the Canvas To-Do list and calendar. With that being said, I am terrible at keeping up a to-do list. I constantly have a running que in my mind of what needs to be done and just always forget to write it down. Perhaps I need to set aside a time each week to complete an agenda of some sort. Either way, great post! Good luck with the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again, Mariah! I also really like the usage of checklists. There’s a weird satisfaction in crossing or checking through each task that motivates and encourages people in the habit of accomplishing things. I, too, use the checklist daily to help me get through the day without forgetting the important things that I need to get done. In addition to that, I’m also a fan of starting habits. I think that by taking the initial step, it’s a first step into a type of commitment to yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Soon Graduating Mariah

Comment Wall

Week 2 Story: The Sleepy Koala