Storybook Favorites

Image Source: Link

Right away the title Environment in the World of Indian Epics caught my attention. My major is centered around the environment so I thought this would be an interesting post that combined environment with Indian epics. The introduction did a great job of using modern and ancient examples of peoples relationship with the environment and the tradeoffs made. The author brought up points and questions for the reader to think further about regarding the role of the planet. I wanted to continue looking through the storybook to find what the author thought about the questions they were bringing up. Overall I liked the layout of the storybook. I was easy to navigate through and the pages made reading the content easy.

The second storybook that I looked through was Epic Wicked Women. Throughout history there seems to be plenty of examples of misunderstood women. Even the title made me believe I was about the read the tales of evil women, not read that they felt misunderstood. The way the author set up the introduction had me reading it like it was a novel. I wanted to know more about the women and their stories. The layout made it easy to read, there wasn't too much going on around such as extra images to take away from the text.

The third storybook's title alone was enough to draw me in. Blogging for Bad Guys was just odd enough that I needed to check it out. I wasn't sure what to expect but what I found was amusing. The idea of having the characters try blogging is pretty unique. The layout made it a little difficult in the beginning for me to understand what was happening but once I figured it out, I thought the whole introduction was clever. The design wasn't my favorite from the storybooks I looked through but the creative content made up for anything design-wise I didn't like.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Soon Graduating Mariah

Comment Wall

Week 2 Story: The Sleepy Koala