Week 2 Reading Overview

I chose this image of Rama confronting Ravana because I want to learn more about this battle and what happened surrounding the incident. Image Link

Readings
For the readings I will choose the public domain Ramayana because
(1) it's free
(2) I like that there is audio to listen to
(3) there are images to supplement my visual learning side
I think the R.K. Narayan version would be interesting to read but since OU moved the bookstore I have a hard time making it to campus corner (and I know it's only $4 but I'm trying to save money).

Comics
The first comic that looked interesting was Tales of Balarama. Since I am always interested in the environment, the story of changing the geography of India caught my attention. I also want to learn more about Revati.

The other comic is Parashurama. I was a little confused during the summary but that made me want to better understand what is happening in the story. Parashurama spending the rest of his time as a hermit is kind of funny considering his background. I want to know more about how it ended that way.

Videos
I have heard of Diwali so I want to watch the video A Diwali Story: Rama and Sita Defeat Ravana, the Demon King to see if what I think I know matches up.

I'd also like to watch Sacred Trees because again I like the environment and am interested in what the role of nature is in these stories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Soon Graduating Mariah

Comment Wall

Week 2 Story: The Sleepy Koala