Feedback Thoughts

I liked this graphic because feedback used to make me upset but now I appreciate feedback.
Image Link

Without making this a soap box, most 'feedback' in my life has come in the form of criticism. So feedback kind of scares me but I look forward to trying to change that. As I graduate and enter the workforce, I want to be a great asset to my future employer and I know a good way to grow is to collaborate and embrace feedback.

I really liked Seven Ways to Crush Self-Doubt. It touches upon exactly what I have been feeling lately when it comes to what I may be doing 6 months from now. What the author suggests can be applied to major life changes or to smaller, daily tasks. I appreciate his own vulnerability, he never made me feel like what he was proposing was impossible.

I also liked Why Rejection Hurts So Much. It was interesting to know the science behind rejection. It was nice to be reminded that everything that happens is not because of me in particular. I'm a believer in things happening for a reason but it can be difficult to separate myself from situations.

An academic example of feedback that I've learned a lot from is giving and receiving comments on assignments. In high school I hated when teachers said to switch papers with someone for revisions. I was so worried that my peers would judge me. As I've matured though I know people don't care as much as I thought they did. Now when professors want us students to exchange work I look forward to the comments and hope that my own feedback is helpful to them.

Comments

  1. Hey Mariah,
    I like your image of feedback. I feel like I am the same way. I did not like feedback before, but now I am more receptive towards it. I understand the benefits from it. I hope that when provide feedback for each other we find it useful. As you said, "a good way to grow is to collaborate and embrace feedback."
    Your classmate,
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Soon Graduating Mariah

Comment Wall

Week 2 Story: The Sleepy Koala