Reading Notes: More Ramayana Part A

Ravana and Sita
(I thought it was pretty funny when the movie kept zooming in on Ravana's face as Sita was dismissing him.)
Image Link

Sita Sings the Blues by Nina Paley

The animation is unique and interesting.
The movie seems to be moving faster than when I was reading it the first time.
I love the narrators. I think I could watch the whole thing with just their narrations. It's kind of podcast like, and I'm a big fan of podcasts.
There are all kinds of strange characters attacking Rama. The animation helps my visual learner side; I am better able now to put names with faces.
Rama is just as dramatic in the movie as I imagined him while reading the story the first time.
Vishnu/Shiva as Hanuman? I didn't catch all that when reading.
When the gods reincarnate/reborn are they still in their true form in the heavens?
The songs weren't written for the movie? They fit pretty well.
Everything is fine and dandy by intermission. Overall Sita is a little more stable in her emotions and demeanor throughout the story. I thought from Rama's point of view he was all over the place and saying things that were pretty contradictory. The movie has so far continued to seal my like of Sita over Rama.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Soon Graduating Mariah

Comment Wall

Week 2 Story: The Sleepy Koala