Week 8 Reading and Writing

tree plant white fruit flower food produce evergreen flora shrub plantation india apocynaceae karnataka flowering plant woody plant land plant gokarna sea mango madagascar ordeal bean odollam tree pink eyed cerbera dog bane cerbera manghas cerbera venenifera tanghinia venenifera
Mango Tree
Image Link

The image above heads my first work in my storybook. I searched for a good image for a while before I finally found this one. It includes the fruit, flowers, and leaves that I talk about in my story and leaves a really nice visual for the reader. 

So far in the semester I am pleased with the progress I have made. I still struggle enough with story writing that I tend to procrastinate getting started on that assignment. What I've seen from myself is that I enjoyed writing more in the beginning of the semester and now my creativity has faded.  Otherwise I think it's going good. I am particularly happy with my first story in my storybook. I just sat down and wrote the whole thing in one go, keeping it relatively painless.

The readings are easy enough to understand, especially with a second read through. I'm not sure why but I picked up on the first half of the Mahabharata really quick. That was a nice change from the Ramayana which required quite of bit of re-reading to understand. I keep my reading notes fairly general, using them to remember what was happening. I wonder if I narrowed them down and added greater detail I would have an easier time writing a story.

Looking forward I will need to better manage my time. I'm not struggling too bad with the workload but it always takes me longer to complete the assignments than the estimate suggests it will take. I've improved my reading speed, now I need to quicken my writing process.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the Soon Graduating Mariah

Comment Wall

Week 2 Story: The Sleepy Koala